Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Anderson and Sanjay Show

Okay, now don't get me wrong here.
I actually like Anderson Cooper.
I think he is a passionate journalist and I felt really sorry for him when they teamed him up with the foul-mouthed Kathy Griffin on New Year's Eve.
That was one of the most uncomfortable, embarassing shows I have ever seen on television.
Ireally felt bad for him and hating watching him, squirm.
I felt every moment of the nervous laughter.
It was sad and unfortunate.
And I actually like Dr. Sanjay Gupta.
I think he would have made a fine Surgeon General of the United States.
I was actually kind of disappointed when he turned down the appointment.
I think he would have done an excellent job telling kids not to smoke and not to get pregnant.
He would have been very good at talking about Aids and Swine Flu and the importance of losing weight so you don't get diabetes when you reach 60.
No problem.
The problem I am having, however is watching the ongoing 'Andersen and Sanjay Show' on CNN for the last week.
These guys are their **STARS**.
They are eveywhere, tirlessly "reporting" the news, wearing their khaki t-shirts and jeans, rescuing children from mobs of looters and doing delicate emergency brain surgery under the worst of the worst conditions.
Where does the news (what there is of it) start and their performances stop?
Is it GRANDSTANDING for the cameras or is it genuine compassion?
I just don't know anymore.
****************************************************
BREAKING NEWS:
Another Earthquake Magnitude 6.1 hits 35 from Port Au Prince.
OH Crap. It had to happen.
******************************************************
Everyone (and I mean everyone would have been better off if the first one had been BIGGER to begin)
**************************************
And just one other very politically incorrect question here that I cannot help asking:
How come all of the worried adoptive "parents" that we have seen wringing their hands on CNN have been WHITE???

No comments:

Post a Comment