Saturday, January 30, 2010

My migraines, they are a'changing.....

Okay, this is getting a little weird.
I am not really worried because I don't think there is anything bad going on and I don't think there is anything anyone can do about it but my migraines (that I have had since I was about 18) are changing and doing some bizarre things that they have NEVER done before. I will mention it to the doctor when I see him in March though, since it is a change.
It just started this month. The last two migraines I have had, I have experienced (at the peak of the migraine) a left sided facial spasm involving my upper lip and my left eye. It feels very strange. I have no control over it and I can't do anything to stop it. My upper lip kind of curls and I can feel a little spasm under my left eye. They don't last very long (30 seconds, I don't know..) They feel like they are lasting 5 minutes but I know that isn't the case.
I looked it up on the computer and found a case study of a woman who experienced almost exactly the same thing with her migraines. It's called Hemifacial Spasms. So it is real, not just my imagination. I just want to make note of it and keep track so I can tell my doctor when I see him in March.
It's not scary but it is VERY interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment