Monday, January 11, 2010

I'm officially calling it quits.

Okay.. I am officially calling it quits today. I know, I know. It's only eleven days in and I haven't really tried that hard. But I just don't seem to be able to do it.
I wanted to try keeping a journal. Not an online journal or a blog but a handwritten journal.
But it just isn't working and all it's doing it making me feel guilty.
I've tried before and failed at about this same point. So I don't think there's any point in spinning my wheels. I am just willing to admit defeat.
I am giving up on the idea.
I had this image of sitting at the coffee house, looking funky and eccentric and writing in my notebook. But y'know what?
That just isn't me.
The coffee house part is.
The funky and eccentric part is.
But the writing in the journal isn't.
I can admit it now.
I guess I am not really that good at expressing my feelings and sometimes, I just don't feel that strongly about things. So the handwritten journal just seems like a waste of time.
I quit.
I give up.
I know people do it.
I know some people are compulsive about it.
It's something they have to do.
But not me.
I am a failure at keeping a handwritten journal.
And today, I am officially calling it quits.
For now.

No comments:

Post a Comment